I have tried both Green Bee and Bountiful Baskets two times now.
They both have their pros and cons.
Green Bee is definitely easier to order and I had no problems the second time I picked up. I even got a call from the host to be sure. It is more expensive and I do not think you get quite as much. You do not have to bring anything to pick up your produce so it is super fast.
Bountiful Baskets has some great produce and you get a lot for your money but the order process is atrocious. The second time was no better at least 30-45 minutes just to complete an order.
I was not happy with the quality of the produce I received from Green Bee the second time I ordered. An though the will swap out any produce you think is not up to par that has to be done before you leave the pick-up site.
So I would say that it is still up in the air. I have thought that maybe just buying the produce on sale at the grocery store may be better. I have enjoyed the variety that comes in these orders however it has been a struggle to find some ways to use the vegetables and even fruit at times.
I received things that I do not normally use. I may just be a boring produce eater but Leeks, Artichokes and Mangoes are not always on my list. Plus I think I got like 8 or 9 mangoes and that is a lot for my small family. One time I received two bags of apples. Luckily apples last a while because that is a lot for 2 1/2 people to eat I still have not used that acorn squash. I think it is still good. It is still firm anyway.
I just can't make up my mind.
So what do you think.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that it was hard to use all of the food before some of it went bad. Also our pick up time was way early, so I gave up and just go to the grocery store or farmer's market.
Post a Comment